Welcome to my ICT blog ! Please be nice here and do follow me :)

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Reflection.

Assalamualaikum wbt.


     First of all, I would like to thank my ICT lecturer, En. Azmi, for teaching me about this subject. ICT which is Information and Communication Technology in Science is one of my course in this semester that I never had learn from anywhere because of I am not ICT's student. However, when I came into this class, I had learnt a lot of something new especially on how to handle ICT tools such as computer, LCD and smartboard. I also learnt about ICT in school which is Smart School programme that now being introduced by government to enhance the teaching and learning process in school. Besides that, I also learnt about using the new software such as STELLA Software, Window Movie Maker and so on.

     During my learning in this subject, I have to build a blog for this course. Although it is not a hard task for me as I already got another two blogs for myself but it is quite difficult for me to choose a suitable background for this blog. It is because we can not set a background which is too dull in colour or too bright. We have to choose a background which is suitable for this ICT subject. Here, I learnt something new which is we can not just set the background that we like for the blog but we have to choose it according to several criteria and the purpose of the blog. In this blog, my lecturer want us to include several things such as our assignment, resume, certificates, philosophies and some videos. I also learnt that the front of the blog must be able to read by the reader so we that we can attract others to read our blog. It is does not matter if we use fancy front as the reader is able to read it. Thus, throughout this lesson, I was very enjoy in making this blog.

     Next, I had learnt about making simulation using STELLA Software. For me, this is one of the tough task. It is because we have to understand the experiment that we want to conduct using this software first, then we have to understand how to use the STELLA Software. Although it is a quiet hard task but it is also interesting for me. This is because, when I become a teacher in the future, I still can use this software. This software is very good in order to help the teachers to manage and prepare their teaching process in class. By making simulation, students are able to increase their understanding during learning process. During my learning in this subject, we had given a task which is to conduct an experiment using STELLA Software. I have used STELLA to do the Natural Selection Pressure experiment. To get the variation of data from this experiment, I had change the parameters. By changing the parameters provided, student can see clearly what will happen if speed bias of the rabbit are vary from the normal. This shows that simulation is one of the best technique for teacher to use to attract their students attention in the class as teacher should provide an interesting learning environment for their students. 

     Then, I had learnt about data logging. This is also a quiet hard task for me because we have to conduct an experiment using data logger and sensor. This is one of the technologies that provided by government to help the teacher in order to teach their students. Data logging is about making an experiment using data logger and sensor. As the sensor is used, teacher are not necessary to record the data collected from the experiment because all the data automatically will recorded and save on the computer. By doing data logging, the experiment can be repeated several times and will save the time. During my learning in this subject, we have to conduct an experiment using data logger. We have to understand the four phase involving engage, empower, enhance and extension.

     Lastly, I hope that what I learned in this course, I can practice it in the future especially in the school later. I also hope this blog will give benefit to others and friends. Last but not least, I would like to thank again my ICT lecturer for introduced me a lots of new thing about ICT. I also want to thank all my friends for their support and idea that they gave to me. For all the readers, thank you for reading my blog. (:




No comments:

Post a Comment